Monday, February 22, 2010

MIA Gist list last week

Last week was a very emotional week for me. My very good friend Nicole had her baby girl 5 weeks early and I had been on pin and needles all week hoping and praying that her and the baby would be ok.
Tuesday night we always get together, but when I got a call from her telling me she had to cancel because she was not feeling well and the doctor wanted her to go to the hospital for some test I got extremely worried. Emotions started running wild for me. I knew she still had 5 weeks, I knew she was worried about other things, and I knew that they weren't all ready at home for the baby yet. So I became a friend who wanted to help every way I could, but what could I really do. Buster did a great job keeping me informed, but come Wednesday they decided it was time for Nicole's well-being to take the baby. 5 hours after being induced Peyton Anne Garrett was born, 4 lbs 8 ozs, 18.5 in. Baby and mother are doing great. Peyton is in the NICU at Toledo Hospital for about 2 more weeks; Nicole came home yesterday and is doing much better. She goes to the hospital 2 or 3 times a day. The baby is finally starting to take breast milk and getting stronger by the day. This time with her in the hospital gives Nicole a chance to get back to 100% before Peyton comes home.
I have a short list of things I have been grateful for last week, but it was a rough week and all my thoughts and emotions were on Nicole and her new family. I will be putting them into this weeks list.
I can not even imagine what Nicole is going through. I have been blessed to have 3 very easy pregnancies and births. Reese was in the NICU for one day and I was a mess, but she was healthy and not so small. Nicole is going to be a great mom and I can't wait to met this precious little girl who came into the world early and is fighting so hard. ( She is going to be a strong one )

2 comments:

Sassytimes said...

So glad the baby is okay. That is very scary. You are a great friend.

Jessica said...

I just love the name, it's so sweet. Glad they are all doing well!