Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Stressed...

OK, so I have no idea what is going on right now, but I am so stressed out and losing control of my temper.
This weekend was a fun packed weekend, but I felt like it came and went without a minute to rest. Saturday I invited my family and friends to the indoor water park in Maumee, and had a great time. John wanted us out of the house all day so he could clean and get ready for his family to come over on Sunday, so it worked out perfect. So I packed up the kids and headed out of the house by 10.00 am. Around 9.00 pm, the little ones were getting tired and I had to pick Jordan and her friends up from a party, so driving home I keep thinking about how nice the house would look and I was excited that Sunday morning I could maybe sleep in a bit and then get up and relax before Carly's afternoon soccer game. So I get home and could not believe what I saw. John had done nothing ! The front room was still a mess from the night before when I hung our new curtains, toys were still in the same location, vacuum cleaner had not moved from where I put it. I stroll into the kitchen, and again nothing looked touched. So finally I look into the living room where John was nestled on the couch in front of the TV with the laptop on his lap and all he did there was push all the toys to the toy corner. I could not believe it. What had he really done all day?
There went my relaxing Sunday morning and then came the real bomb, I wanted to stay home and clean while he took the girls to the soccer game, but here it is.... he couldn't, he had to play baseball all day. So, I cleaned the whole house by myself, took the girls to the soccer game by myself, came back and finished cleaning by myself while he was off playing baseball with his friends. This is not something I complain about because it normally doesn't bother me, but this weekend was not what was planned, and I am very stressed out because I feel he just relays on me to do this stuff and he can do whatever he wants. Like he has no responsibly because he knows I will do it. By Sunday night I was beat and starting to feel the stress inside me build up. Fr the past two days I have been bad. I have snapped at the girls, I have used words I don't normally use, I have even felt like throwing something to just to get the frustration out. I don't like feeling like this, but when I am ready to let it go, he does something else that makes it bubble again.
I know people do this stuff all the time by themselves and I am probably overreacting here, but the thing that gets me so worked up, is that John is there so I expect his help a little bit. It is not like he is out of town working or out of our lives. He is right there in the flesh, and I really don't ask him to do much. The past couple of months I have been running myself down and just need some help with the little things, but after this weekend, I don't think it is going to happen.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I can tell from this blog you are stressed. Sounds like you'll be ready to blow some steam on Friday! Jason does the EXACT same thing, he knows that I'll be around to clean, "fix" things, cook, do laundry, etc. And I'm not the kind of person that can just let the laundry pile up or the bathroom not get cleaned, so I had to set him down and tell him to help out. It took a little while, but he finally understood that it makes life easier on us all if everyone helps.

Robin Walton said...

All I can say is....typical man. If someone else will do it all, they will let them....and think nothing of it. Usual comment..."All you had to do was ask, and I would have been happy to help!" Yeah, right!!!!!!!
Sorry you are stressed. This will happen to you over and over again.
Signed,
Been there and done that, lots!

Jessica said...

I gave you an award! Check out my blog!