Wednesday, January 6, 2010

In need of a new book to read

Today I officially finished reading "My sister's keeper" and let me start off by saying that Steff was right, I cried at the end of the book. What a very emotional ride Jodi Picoult takes you on through this book. Just when you think you know what is going to happen the totally opposite happens. I am very glad I read this book and highly recommend it, but make sure there are boxes (yes boxes) of tissues near by. I was at work for my husband and had a hard time answering the phone
So I am now done with all the books I had on my 2009 reading list and am in need of a new list. I need some recommendations. So please help a girl out and send me some suggestions. I love reading and need some good ones to move onto.

Ones I have already read are:
- My sister's keeper
- The Time Travelers Wife
- The Lost Symbol
- (all) Sookie Stackhouse stories
- Twilight (all four books)
- The Mermaid Chair
- Secret Life of Bee's

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I really enjoy James Patterson books. I actually haven't found one I didn't like.

Sassytimes said...

I highly recommend "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. It is such a great book and a very quick read. You won't be able to put it down.

Cory Lynn said...

I agree with Jessica. I couldn't really get into his later stuff but his Alex Cross series are awesome. I will reread them someday. Also The Secret Life Of Bees is great. Years ago I gave that as gifts a couple times. Hopefully you haven't seen the movie.

Cory Lynn said...

haha. Just read you whole list. Bees is already on there!