Friday, April 10, 2009

People

My biggest pet peeve is when people say they are going to do something or be somewhere at a certain time and are late. This has happened to me twice this week, and I am on major let down right now. First off the night that nephew was born, I was suppose to met my mom at 6:30 to go see the little guy because we had a guy coming to the house at 5:30 to look at the gutted bathroom. John informs me that after this guy leaves he has to go and drop off our taxes. Thinking to myself I knew that it was not going to look good for me meeting up with my mom at 6:30. Well, after a hour of pacing the house, he finally shows up. We go right the bathroom and I tell him what I need him to do, and I can do the minor repairs. By the time we get done talking it is 7:00, luckly John said he would just have his brother come over and get the taxes and I left. But I was irritated because I was running late, and I hate running late.
Tonight it happens again. My girlfriend was suppose to come over and have some drinks with me at 7:00, so I did what I had to do and made sure I was ready. But after an hour I knew she wasn't coming. I don't understand why she didn't call and just say, "hey, I am running late, or I am not coming". Instead I sit here waiting and wondering if everything is ok. She finally called, and we talked a little, but she said she wasn't coming which just irritated me more because I sort of changed all my plans for the night so we could catch up and vent to one another.
All I went from people is a little respect and not to say they are going to do something when deep down inside they don't want to. This friend has done it too many times lately that I am tired of it. And second of all, if you say you are going to be somewhere at a certain time then make sure you are there, and if you are running late or busy with something else give the person a call and tell them you are late. It is really not that hard of a thing to do. Again, RESPECT!

3 comments:

Sassytimes said...

This is also one of my biggest peeves! I always appreciate the truth...I hate excuses. I have a friend who does this each and every time we plan something. It's a joke to me now when she says she is coming over or doing something. I just know she is going to have some excuse and cancel last minute.

Take it lightly. Some people just don't "get it". ;)

Jessica said...

That's so disappointing when you change all your plans to accommodate someone and then they stiff you. I agree with Steff, some people just don't get it.
P.S. You should have called me, you know we have a good time venting! lol

Jessica said...

I see the blog list is up! GOOD JOB!